November, 2000 - Inside 1
|Steps: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12|
Tammy Taylor 12 Step System
Apply A Full Set of Sculptured Nails in Under 1 Hour
1. SANITIZE - Tammy Taylor Sanitize is available in 5 fragrances: Giorgio TM, Peach, Coconut, Vanilla, and Gardenia. Start every procedure by sanitizing your hands first, then your clients.
2. REMOVE POLISH - Tammy Taylor Acetone Polish Remover with conditioners is available in 4 fragrances: Peach, Coconut, Vanilla, and Gardenia. Note: Non-Acetone Polish remover can leave acrylic nails yellow and gummy.
3. ETCH - The 100 grit Purple Terminator is the best file for etching. Proper etching will eliminate 75% of lifting.
3A. Etch only the way the nail grows, from the cuticle to free-edge, until you have no shine on the nail plate. Etching will create little hills and valleys on the top of the nail plate, which the product will flow into.
3B. Pterygium Stone: To further ensure there will be no lifting, use the Pterygium Stone to push back excess cuticle and skin that has grown onto the nail plate.
4. DUST - Remove the particles from the nail plate with a plastic manicure brush. It is necessary to brush from cuticle to free-edge until the nail is clean. This also helps eliminate lifting. Note: A cosmetic brush can spread germs as it cannot be properly disinfected.
5. PRIME - Apply the Primer to all 10 nails and let them dry. This will dry out the oils and kill the germs on the nails. A pre-prime is not necessary. Note: The primer is a methacrylic acid. A half ounce bottle can prime 1,000 nails. So a very small amount is all that is needed. Primer can cause irritation. Before priming, dab the primer brush on a towelette to remove excess. After priming, wipe brush before placing brush back in bottle to eliminate contamination. (Always keep Primer in a Primer Holder)
6. APPLY NAIL FORMS - Tammy Taylor Forms are available in 3 different nail bed shapes: Oval, Square, and Original; and 2 different designs: Competitive Edge and Custom. The proper form will help eliminate breaking and cracking.
7. RE-PRIME - Apply 2nd coat of primer, to one nail at a time, Just before applying acrylic. Note: If second coat of primer dries, a 3rd coat can be applied. Applying product while primer is still wet will help eliminate lifting.
Continued on Next page for Step #8
Ask Tammy, Product Spotlight, Inside 1, Insde 2, Inside 3
Tammy Taylor Nails, Inc.
2001 Deere Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
1-800-93-TAMMY - 1-800-938-2669
1-949-250-9287 - Fax 1-949-250-1853