The Tammy Taylor Nails Educational Guide for the ProfessionalEdition VIII 4
I have a problem with my smile lines.They aren’t the same on each nail and they aren’t real clean.
Learn how to create a perfect Smile line when doing a Backfill. Once perfected, you will no longer need a guide line.It will be instinct. You will need a Drill Bit that gets into the corners.I suggest using the T.T. Carbide Pointed Pencil, available in Long or Short, Coarse or Medium.
1. A nail in need of a Backfill.
2. Stick on the inside circle of a nail form, and trace a line with a pencil.
3. This is your guide.
4. Start at corner with the point and work across.
5. Drill off the line.
6. Drill all the way to the other side. Use the point to finish the corner.
7. Drill a valley all the way through the pink.
8. Bevel the white.
9. Ready to apply Pink & White acrylic.
10. Add white acrylic in valley, lightly coating free-edge.
11. Add pink acrylic to nail bed.
12. Finish by filing, buffing with oil, and then apply A-Coat followed by Z-Coat.